Sorting & Rightsizing
- Pack & ship to family
- Arrange for sale (consignment, auction, antique dealer, appraisal)
- Pack up donations and arrange for pick up
- Provide resources for recycling (electronics, hazardous products, shredding, books, & more)
- Arrange for trash removal
- Arrange for clean out after move or decluttering
- Assist in identifying the furniture that best fits the new home or style
- Measure and take photos of the furniture.
- Create floor plan and meet to walk through the plan
- Finalize plan and create a list of furniture to move into new home
- Efficiently and carefully pack
- Insured and bonded
- Provide moving boxes and packing supplies
- Make arrangements with a reputable moving company for move day if desired
Move Day Coordination
- Oversee the movers
- Pack last-minute items
- Coordinate move activities
- Pack perishables from refrigerator and freezer
Unpacking & Settling In
- Make the bed, set up bath
- Connect phones, TV’s, lamps, computer, clocks, etc.
- Put away items and food in kitchen
- Place collectibles in china or curio cabinets if desired (photos are taken to replicate current home’s placement)
- Dispose of trash, all packing materials and boxes from new home
It feels like HOME the very first night!
- Interior Design
- Inventory of belongings for client & families
- Anything that needs to be done!
Organizations We Support
Cure Alzheimer’s Fund is a non-profit organization dedicated to funding research with the highest probability of preventing, slowing or reversing Alzheimer’s disease. 100% of all donations go to research. Downsizing by Design is contributing a percentage of every client project to aid in finding a cure for this devastating disease.
By teaming up with relocation companies across the country, Move for Hunger is creating one of the nation’s largest year-round service programs. Downsizing by Design partners with Move for Hunger by gathering food from our clients and dropping them off at area food pantries.